When a Roman Catholic scholar involved in the Dead Sea Scrolls Project discovers a heretical message contained in one of the Scrolls he hides it. Decades later, a prominent archeologist discovers reference to the scroll in an archeological dig. This discovery spurs the world religions into a dangerous game of cat and mouse, in which all who seek the hidden scroll are mysteriously silenced, leaving the salvation of humankind to a father and son, who must either find the hidden scroll … or die trying.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Reader's Review: Good Historical Fiction


By JBP
I thought that this was a really good book. It weaves together three religious views: Christianity, Judaism, and Islam. This is a work of fiction so please don't try to make what happens in the story applicable to you real religion. I have an open mind, but I also can separate fiction from what I consider to be fact.

I enjoyed the characters. They were developed and believable, and got me to care about what happened to them. The facts in the book are historically accurate, for the most part. There were so moments in the book where it went "Oh really." But there were not enough of them to lesson my enjoyment.

As a religious mystery based in part on the Bible and an alternative view of the religions it has spawned, this is a good book. I enjoyed it and I am sure you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment