A fan recently sent me the following suggestions, regarding my article entitled “Jesus Freaks:”
• We eat halal meat, which is equivalent to kosher in the sense that it is slaughtered in accordance with God’s laws.
• Muslims say "Insha-Allah" as per James 4:15 - Christians don't say “God-willing” nearly as frequently as Muslims
• Moses removed his shoes on Mount Sinai, because it was holy ground. Muslims remove their shoes before prayer.
• There was a direction for prayer in the Old Testament (Jerusalem). Muslims also have a direction for prayer (Makkah).
• There was a call for prayer in the Old Testament. Muslims have the Adhaan.
The posture for supplication (du'a) in Muslim prayer is IDENTICAL to this verse:
Solomon had made an end of praying all this prayer and supplication
unto the Lord, he arose from before the altar of the Lord, from kneeling
on his knees with his hands spread up to heaven."-(1 KINGS 8:54).
See posture here and compare with 1 Kings 8:54
Of all of the above suggestions, I like the last the most.
Regarding removing the shoes, I don’t agree with this point, because
Muslims are actually bidden to NOT remove their shoes before prayer, to
distinguish themselves from the Jews. But I love this kind of feedback,
and I encourage all constructive criticism. Many thanks to this devoted
When a Roman Catholic scholar involved in the Dead Sea Scrolls Project discovers a heretical message contained in one of the Scrolls he hides it. Decades later, a prominent archeologist discovers reference to the scroll in an archeological dig. This discovery spurs the world religions into a dangerous game of cat and mouse, in which all who seek the hidden scroll are mysteriously silenced, leaving the salvation of humankind to a father and son, who must either find the hidden scroll … or die trying.